The Liebert® AFC adiabatic freecooling chiller combines three key cooling technologies: adiabatic, freecooling and mechanical cooling. This combination of technologies allows the Liebert AFC to achieve the highest efficiency levels and guarantee continuous availability even under the most critical conditions.
Liebert AFC adiabatic technology is designed to increase freecooling capacity and extend freecooling operation at temperatures up to 30-32°. Furthermore, full operation of the back up compressors is guaranteed up to 50°C, thus ensuring continuous cooling availability also at extreme ambient temperatures.
Featuring Fast Start Ramp, Liebert AFC also ensures that capacity is fully restored in 70 seconds following a power restart, thus guaranteeing the unit’s immediate activation. The control, further, continues operating without the need of an external single phase power supply.
- Integrated Adiabatic System – Highly efficient adiabatic wet pads humidify air entering the freecooling and condensing coils, thus increasing the freecooling chiller systemoperation and mechanical efficiency.
- Supersaver – The Supersaver is the software logic embedded in the iCOM Control leveraging on the communication with floor mount units to maximize efficiency at system level.
- Fast Start Ramp – Fast recovery capacity: the unit ensures the re-establishment of the full cooling capacity in 70 seconds, following a power restart. The control remains operative without the need of an external single phase power supply.
- New iCOM 7’’ Touch Display – The iCOM Control ensures the intelligent management of units within the dynamic data center environment, while the innovative 7” touch screen display presents advanced graphic functions.
- New Generation EC Fans – the new generation super silent EC fans dramatically reduce the noise levels and increase the overall unit efficiency.
- Electronic Expansion Valve – Minimizes condensing pressure to reduce compressors’ power consumption thus achieving high efficiency levels.
- Microchannel Condensing Coil – The full aluminum fan coil ensures extreme efficiency levels during the mechanical cooling mode and minimizes the refrigerant charge.
- Significant annual efficiency levels deliver a pPUE of 1.08
- Grants continuous cooling availability in case of water shortages, extreme ambient temperatures and unstable power supply
- Optimizes efficiency levels of data center applications including Liebert PCW andSmart Aisle Containment.